Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA

You must apply/reapply for financial aid every year (as soon after January 1 as possible). The FAFSA also serves as your application for the West Virginia Higher Education Grant. In order to qualify for the state grant your FAFSA must be submitted before April 15 (other criteria applies) each year.

Before you begin you will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school. You will need- your(and your spouse's or parents', if you are a dependent student) W-2 forms, and other records of money earned (federal tax returns); your (and your spouse's or parents', if you are a dependent student), untaxed income records, including but not limited to, Social Security, Veterans benefits records, Welfare, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families; current bank statements; investment records (stocks, bonds, etc...) and your Social Security number and driver's license, if any.

To Apply for Federal Student Aid click the green square.

FAFSA on the Web has a list of documents you'll need to gather before filling out the FAFSA. Also, if you plan to complete FAFSA on the Web, it is recommended that you complete the pre-application worksheet before completing the online application. This worksheet asks the FAFSA questions in the same order FAFSA on the Web does.

Mountain State College's OPEID (Federal School Code) is: 005008